Welcome to Class 1
The Reception class is taught by Miss Jackson
A note to parents
Welcome back to our Summer term. This term our topic is called 'Are we there yet?' We will be thinking about transport and travel. We will be sharing what we already know and discovering new things about the different forms of transport, hot and cold countries and people from around the world. The children will be thinking about the holidays they have been on and how they got there. They will be looking at speed of travelling transport and even investigating some space travel! We will be writing postcards, letters and stories and listening to new stories to help us imagine, talk about and write about new journeys.
Here are just a few reminders -
- All of the children have been enjoying some toast at morning snack time. Please send in 20p/day or £1 for the week to pay for toast.
- Although it still cold out, we are seeing more sunshine. Please send the children with sun cream and a hat when necessary.
- DROP OFF AND PICK UP - Reception children are taken to the 'Nursery Gate' first. If you have a junior child and prefer to wait in the church car park, please give me a few minutes to get there.
- PE will take place on a Tuesday morning, please can children be dressed in appropriate footwear (trainers or pumps) so that they will be comfortable during an active lesson.
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please leave a comment in your child's reading diary to let me know if they have completed the book and how they found it.
- Library books will be sent out again this week. The children choose their own book in order to encourage a love for reading, if you have time, please talk to your child about their library book and use their library record book to make any notes. The children are welcome to write and draw pictures in this book too.
- Please make sure that your child is bring their own water bottle to school, preferably with a name label on it.
If you have any questions about our new topic or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me on email@example.com
Here is a list of useful websites with fun activities to support your child's learning. I have also included the link to Tapestry Online Journal. On Tapestry you can upload your own observations and activities for me to see your child's learning at home and when the children come back to school, I will continue to provide uploads to show the fun and learning that goes on in the classroom.