Welcome to Class 1
The Reception class is taught by Miss Jackson
A note to parents
Welcome back to our final stretch of the school year! In our final half term our topic is called 'What can you see in Summer?' For the next six weeks we will be looking at the world around us for signs of summer and learning more about growth and change. We will be thinking about how we have grown throughout our year in Reception and exploring the changes that will happen as we continue into Year 1. We will be consolidating all the knowledge we have gathered so far and improving our skills in maths and literacy, as well as other subjects.
Here are just a few reminders -
- Please send in 20p/day or £1 for the week to pay for toast.
- Please send the children with sun cream and a hat when necessary, now that we are seeing warmer weather.
- PE will take place on a Tuesday morning, please can children be dressed in appropriate footwear (trainers or pumps) so that they will be comfortable during an active lesson.
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and Friday. Please encourage the children to read their home readers at least 3 times before changing.
- Please make sure that your child is bring their own water bottle to school, preferably with a name label on it.
If you have any questions about our new topic or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me on email@example.com
Here is a list of useful websites with fun activities to support your child's learning. I have also included the link to Tapestry Online Journal. On Tapestry you can upload your own observations and activities for me to see your child's learning at home and when the children come back to school, I will continue to provide uploads to show the fun and learning that goes on in the classroom.